Following are the topics on which Duke performed training/consulting during his career:
- Root Cause Analysis
- Performance Metrics
- Risk-based thinking/risk management
- Risk-based Quality Audits
- Problem Solution Generation
- Process Management
- ISO 9001 & ISO/TS 16949
- Internal Quality Systems Auditing
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Improvement Teams
Following are some of the Webinar topics for which he was a Presenter
- Critical Issues in Common Risk Assessment Methods
- Risk Ranking Audit Nonconformities
- Dealing with “Can’t Find Root Cause” Situations
- Comparing 8D, A3 and 5Ys Problem Solving
- Why You Should Use ISO 19011
- Would a Bowtie Make Your Risk Assessment More Presentable?
- Dealing with Delayed Responses to Corrective Action Requests
- Using Analytics to Plan Internal Quality Audits
- Risk-Based Quality Audits
- Problem Solution Generation Options
- Maximizing the Yield and Minimizing the Damage from Performance Metrics
- e-QM: Quality Management in a Digital World
- Barriers to Effective Root Cause Analysis
- Complex Adaptive Systems and Quality Management: Are They Compatible?
- Critical Thinking: A Fundamental Requirement for 21st Century Organizations
Musings: My Blog
Thought it might be interesting to see what ChatGPT might say about potential problems with incentive systems. Here's what it came up with: Case Study: Incentive System for Management Leads to Short-Term Thinking Introduction A manufacturing company, ABC Inc., was...
In many ways the quality profession had just been going along with the program ... focusing on compliance and performance of organizations and their processes. I believe if we want to really have an impact we should shift or add a focus on Critical Thinking. Adopting...
If you didn't happen to see my post on LinkedIn where I submitted a maturity matrix for evaluating the Root Cause Analysis & Corrective Action process you can get it here on my website. I've also added more videos to my YouTube channel, which can make for good...
I was recently interviewed by Jon Taber who hosts a bi-weekly podcast on auditing. Brief but good discussion of root cause analysis. https://podcasts.apple.com/be/podcast/episode-34-root-cause-analysis-duke-okes/id1590407172?i=1000577361463
I always enjoy seeing how others approach root cause analysis. Here are links to a couple of videos that are pretty good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D77iE0kSkLc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk7Hg4w1Jsg
Yes, it's been several months since I've posted, although that doesn't mean I've not been musing. Just too many things on the plate. However, here's a short collection of thoughts. Webinars: 1) One of the most frustrating things I've experienced in the past couple of...
The use of Zoom, etc. for auditing has certainly taken hold, albeit driven primarily by COVID rather than a desire to improve the audit process. There are several other areas where technology can help, including Analytics, Process Mining, and Text Mining. I've already...
Whether it's investing or self-development, this interview of Chamath Palihapitiya by Barry Rithholtz is worthwhile. You can listen or read here.